Our hot midday meals are prepared at Court Fields School and served in our dining hall every day. We offer a choice of both meat and vegetarian options and we also offer a 3rd option of a salad, jacket potato or sandwich every day. Lunches include a fresh vegetable side dish, bread and a selection of hot and cold desserts, including fresh fruit. All meals are accompanied with water and pupils may bring a juice drink if they choose to.
With the colder weather setting in we would just like to remind parents that we offer a hot lunch every day:
- Children may choose to eat for the whole week or individual days of your choice
- Meals can be ordered in 3-week blocks to avoid the weekly choosing
- Menus and money (£2.60 per meal for KS2 only) must be received by 9.00 a.m. on the Wednesday preceding menu week
- Please tick the box clearly against your child’s order requirement and ensure that the form has your child’s full name and class on it
- Menus and money should be placed in the finance letterbox in the school lobby and the envelope should be clearly marked “SCHOOL MEALS.”
- Dinner money must be separate from all other school payments
- Cheques should be made payable to “COURT FIELDS SCHOOL” with a minimum value of £10 otherwise please pay cash
ABSENCES: If your child has ordered a meal and will be absent, please ring the school by 9.15 a.m. on the day of the absence so that the meal can be cancelled and you can receive a credit. If you think your child will be absent for more than one day you will either need to call the school daily or advise the school of the duration of the absence in your initial call. Refunds will not be given if this notice has not been provided.
You may find this link of interest: Nutritionist Resource www.nutritionist-resource.org.uk
Parents are welcome to come in and sample our school lunches and see what their child is eating! Please ask at the office for more information.
Under the Government's Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme (UIFSM), all pupils in Reception and Key Stage 1 are entitled to a free school meal every day. For further information on applying for Free School Lunches for Reception and Key Stage 1 children, please contact the school office.
More information on applying for Free School Meals (other than UIFSM) can be found on Somerset County Council's website.